Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
North Country News
Mon December 10, 2012
Vermont State Police Recover Items Stolen in VT and NH
Vermont State Police say a search of a stolen car being used by a fugitive helped recover items stolen in Vermont and New Hampshire in recent months.
Police say 28-year-old Michael Hoehl repainted a stolen car four or five times so police wouldn't recognize the vehicle, allegedly stolen from Rivendell High School in Orford, N.H., in October.
He was arrested Tuesday after police spotted the vehicle in Newbury. Troopers allegedly chased Hoehl into the woods and he displayed a handgun, but he was apprehended without injury.
The Burlington Free Press reports that when police searched the vehicle they found, among other items, GPS units, a radar detector, assorted professional sports collector cards, tools, a pocket watch, foreign currency, an antique chalice and a model of a 1955-era vehicle.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.