Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Thu November 20, 2003
Vermont Thoughts on Gay Marriage Ruling
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Four years ago, the Vermont Supreme Court ordered legislators to find a way to offer marriage benefits to same-sex couples. Now, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial court has ordered its legislature to find a way to allow same sex couples to marry. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley asked Vermonters that were involved in the civil union debate what they think of the Massachusetts ruling and how they think it affect Vermont's Civil Unions law.