Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Wed September 26, 2012
Vermont Town Deciding Fate of Former School
A Vermont town is holding a meeting to discuss the future of a now-vacant school.
Options for the Perkinsville School include stabilizing a portion built in 1879 and demolishing additions, and rehabilitating one addition for lease to a private school.
The Eagle Times reports the costs for the proposals range from $570,000 to $1.35 million.
The Weathersfield Selectboard is hosting the meeting Thursday at 7 p.m. at the Martin Memorial Hall in Ascutney. It has to decide on a proposal by Oct. 1 so residents can vote on it on Nov. 6.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.