Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Wed September 26, 2012
Vermont Town Deciding Fate of Former School
A Vermont town is holding a meeting to discuss the future of a now-vacant school.
Options for the Perkinsville School include stabilizing a portion built in 1879 and demolishing additions, and rehabilitating one addition for lease to a private school.
The Eagle Times reports the costs for the proposals range from $570,000 to $1.35 million.
The Weathersfield Selectboard is hosting the meeting Thursday at 7 p.m. at the Martin Memorial Hall in Ascutney. It has to decide on a proposal by Oct. 1 so residents can vote on it on Nov. 6.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.