Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Wed September 26, 2012
Vermont Town Deciding Fate of Former School
A Vermont town is holding a meeting to discuss the future of a now-vacant school.
Options for the Perkinsville School include stabilizing a portion built in 1879 and demolishing additions, and rehabilitating one addition for lease to a private school.
The Eagle Times reports the costs for the proposals range from $570,000 to $1.35 million.
The Weathersfield Selectboard is hosting the meeting Thursday at 7 p.m. at the Martin Memorial Hall in Ascutney. It has to decide on a proposal by Oct. 1 so residents can vote on it on Nov. 6.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.