Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Mon November 5, 2012
Vermont Town Police Department Expanding
The police department in the Vermont town of Castleton has hired two officers and is extending weekend coverage hours.
The Rutland Herald reports the addition gives Castleton three full-time officers, although it is authorized for four and is looking to fill the space.
One of the officers, Jeffrey Warfle, has a police dog, a 6-year-old black Labrador retriever named Doc.
The other officer is part-time. Steve Dechen had recently retired from the department. He will serve as the department's detective and be assigned to follow up on more difficult and major cases and investigations.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.