Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
New England News
Wed November 7, 2012
Vermont Town Rejects Renovations to Historic School
A Vermont town has rejected renovating a former schoolhouse built in 1879.
Voters in Weathersfield decided against financing the restoration of the brick portion of the village school and demolishing the more recently built wings, constructed in 1954 and 1969.
The Eagle Times reports the school has remained vacant since 2008 when the district voted t
o consolidate its kindergarten to eighth-grade students into one upgraded building in Ascutney.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.