Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Tue November 26, 2013
Vermont U.S. Senator Sanders Supports de Blasio's Tax Plan
New York City Mayor-elect Bill de Blasio may have lost support from his mentor, former Mayor David Dinkins, on his plan to hike taxes on the rich to pay for educational reforms, but he has the backing of a New York City transplant. On WAMC’s Congressional Corner program, Vermont U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders says he supports de Blasio’s platform.
"Number one it is totally appropriate to start asking the wealthiest people of this country to start paying their fair share of taxes. And number two, one of the important areas we should be investing in is our children," Sanders says, "making sure the kids are getting the intellectual and emotional support they need from zero to three so they do well in their life. So I support very much what the mayor is proposing."
New England News
North Country News