Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
Thu August 16, 2012
Vermont Wind Project in Essex County on Hold
Plans for a wind power project in a remote area of Vermont's Essex County are on hold.
Seneca Mountain Wind had applied for permits to erect wind measurement towers in Brighton, Newark and Ferdinand.
Some neighboring landowners appealed, saying Seneca failed to notify them about the plans as required by law.
WCAX-TV reports a Public Service Board hearing officer has sided with the landowners and placed the project on hold until Seneca makes proper notifications.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.