Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
Thu August 16, 2012
Vermont Wind Project in Essex County on Hold
Plans for a wind power project in a remote area of Vermont's Essex County are on hold.
Seneca Mountain Wind had applied for permits to erect wind measurement towers in Brighton, Newark and Ferdinand.
Some neighboring landowners appealed, saying Seneca failed to notify them about the plans as required by law.
WCAX-TV reports a Public Service Board hearing officer has sided with the landowners and placed the project on hold until Seneca makes proper notifications.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.