Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Thu August 16, 2012
Vermont Wind Project in Essex County on Hold
Plans for a wind power project in a remote area of Vermont's Essex County are on hold.
Seneca Mountain Wind had applied for permits to erect wind measurement towers in Brighton, Newark and Ferdinand.
Some neighboring landowners appealed, saying Seneca failed to notify them about the plans as required by law.
WCAX-TV reports a Public Service Board hearing officer has sided with the landowners and placed the project on hold until Seneca makes proper notifications.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.