Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Thu August 16, 2012
Vermont Wind Project in Essex County on Hold
Plans for a wind power project in a remote area of Vermont's Essex County are on hold.
Seneca Mountain Wind had applied for permits to erect wind measurement towers in Brighton, Newark and Ferdinand.
Some neighboring landowners appealed, saying Seneca failed to notify them about the plans as required by law.
WCAX-TV reports a Public Service Board hearing officer has sided with the landowners and placed the project on hold until Seneca makes proper notifications.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.