Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Thu August 16, 2012
Vermont Wind Project in Essex County on Hold
Plans for a wind power project in a remote area of Vermont's Essex County are on hold.
Seneca Mountain Wind had applied for permits to erect wind measurement towers in Brighton, Newark and Ferdinand.
Some neighboring landowners appealed, saying Seneca failed to notify them about the plans as required by law.
WCAX-TV reports a Public Service Board hearing officer has sided with the landowners and placed the project on hold until Seneca makes proper notifications.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.