Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Fri December 27, 2013
Vermont Yankee Deal Could Be Roadmap For Others
The recent deal to end litigation and provide a path to decommissioning the Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant could also provide a roadmap for other states.
The Vernon reactor is one of five nuclear power plants that recently announced plans to close before their federal licenses expire, and some experts told Vermont Public Radio that what happens with Vermont Yankee could affect other plants around the country.
Michael Dworkin of the Institute for Energy and the Environment at Vermont Law School, says Vermont could help lead the way to a more transparent and inclusive decommissioning process.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.