Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Mon October 29, 2012
Vermont Yankee Prepares for Hurricane Sandy
The Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Plant is preparing for Hurricane Sandy. North County Bureau Chief Pat Bradley spoke with Entergy Vermont Yankee Spokesman Rob Williams about how the plant is shoring up for the storm.
Plants receiving NRC enhanced oversight during the storm include Indian Point and Millstone. NRC Region One Spokesperson Diane Screnci says that means they have sent at least an additional inspector to the plant.
Vermont Yankee has been in contact with the Vermont Commissioner of Public Safety regarding its hurricane plans.