Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
Mon October 29, 2012
Vermont Yankee Prepares for Hurricane Sandy
The Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Plant is preparing for Hurricane Sandy. North County Bureau Chief Pat Bradley spoke with Entergy Vermont Yankee Spokesman Rob Williams about how the plant is shoring up for the storm.
Plants receiving NRC enhanced oversight during the storm include Indian Point and Millstone. NRC Region One Spokesperson Diane Screnci says that means they have sent at least an additional inspector to the plant.
Vermont Yankee has been in contact with the Vermont Commissioner of Public Safety regarding its hurricane plans.