Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Mon October 29, 2012
Vermont Yankee Prepares for Hurricane Sandy
The Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Plant is preparing for Hurricane Sandy. North County Bureau Chief Pat Bradley spoke with Entergy Vermont Yankee Spokesman Rob Williams about how the plant is shoring up for the storm.
Plants receiving NRC enhanced oversight during the storm include Indian Point and Millstone. NRC Region One Spokesperson Diane Screnci says that means they have sent at least an additional inspector to the plant.
Vermont Yankee has been in contact with the Vermont Commissioner of Public Safety regarding its hurricane plans.