Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Tue April 27, 2004
Vermont Yankee Warned of Spent Rod Inventory Problems
By Pat Bradley
Vernon, VT – An inspector with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission says he warned Entergy Nuclear last month that the Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power plant wasn't following its own mandatory inventory of the spent fuel pool. As the search for the missing radioactive materials gets underway, the NRC is noting that the situation will not affect Vermont Yankee's request for permission to boost power. Pat Bradley has more.