Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Wed December 22, 2004
Vermont Yankee Workers Exposed to Radiation
By Eesha Williams
Vernon, VT – Recently released regulatory records show that workers at the Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant were exposed to unusually high levels of radiation. Radiation can cause cancer and other health effects. A citizens' group is now calling on regulators to fine Vermont Yankee's owner. WAMC's Eesha Williams reports.