Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
North Country News
Mon September 16, 2013
Vermonter to Attend White House Nutrition Meeting
On Wednesday afternoon, First Lady Michelle Obama will host a meeting on food marketing to children and a Vermonter will be among those attending.
The goal of the Convening on Food Marketing to Children, according to the White House is “to create a constructive dialogue and collaborative process ....... to promote healthy products and decreasing the marketing of unhealthy products to kids.”
University of Vermont Professor of Medicine and Nutrition Rachel Johnson will attend. She is a member of the President's Council on Fitness, Sports and Nutrition Science Board, chair of the American Heart Association Nutrition Committee.
She researches the effects of flavored milk and soft drinks on children's diets and has spoken out against high consumption of added sugars.
New York News