Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Mon October 22, 2012
Vermont's Champlain College Gets $10M Gift
Vermont's Champlain College is going to use a $10 million gift from the founder of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters to improve business education at the Burlington school.
The gift from Robert Stiller was announced Monday.
Champlain is naming its business school the Robert P. Stiller School of Business.
Champlain President David Finney said the Stiller School of Business will become a national leader in teaching certain management practices and building thinking skills.
The gift is the largest in the college's 134-year history. Among other things, the gift will enable the business school to fund two faculty chairs and support capital projects.
Champlain describes itself as providing a "radically pragmatic education" designed to make students ready for life and work at graduation.
Champlain College as about 2,700 traditional and adult students.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.