Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
North Country News
Mon April 8, 2013
Vermont's Champlain College President to Retire
The president of Vermont's Champlain College is planning to retire.
President David Finney announced Monday he will retire from the job he has held at the Burlington college on June 30, 2014.
During his years at Champlain College, Finney has nearly tripled freshmen applications and increased enrollment numbers, increased study abroad programs, expanded the size of the campus and strengthened financial aid.
Champlain describes itself as a small, private college with a career-driven approach to higher education that prepares students for their professional life from their very first semester.
The college has hired a search firm to help find Finney's successor.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.