Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
North Country News
Mon March 11, 2013
Vermont's Sanders Discusses Budget Battle
U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders says the automatic federal budget cuts are hurting Vermonters.
Senator Sanders, who is a member of the Senate Budget Committee, wants to reduce deficits by closing tax loopholes that let profitable corporations and wealthy individuals shelter income in offshore tax havens.
Senator Sanders was joined on Monday by low income advocates. Southeastern Vermont Community Action executive director Steve Geller says as many as 4,400 families could be affected by the sequestration cuts
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Central New York News
New England News