Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
North Country News
Mon March 11, 2013
Vermont's Sanders Discusses Budget Battle
U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders says the automatic federal budget cuts are hurting Vermonters.
Senator Sanders, who is a member of the Senate Budget Committee, wants to reduce deficits by closing tax loopholes that let profitable corporations and wealthy individuals shelter income in offshore tax havens.
Senator Sanders was joined on Monday by low income advocates. Southeastern Vermont Community Action executive director Steve Geller says as many as 4,400 families could be affected by the sequestration cuts
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Central New York News
New England News