Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Mon October 15, 2012
Vermont's Sanders Reports Raising $6.8 Million
Vermont U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders has raised nearly $ 7 million in his bid for a second six-year term.
That's expected to dwarf the fundraising efforts of Republican challenger John MacGovern, who had raised less than $30,000 as of early August. Updated numbers for him were not immediately available.
Monday was a deadline for campaign finance reports for both federal and state elections in Vermont.
Among statewide candidates, Democratic state Treasurer Beth Pearce reported raising more than $53,000 during the past month, and a total of more than $186,000 so far in the campaign.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.