Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Mon October 15, 2012
Vermont's Sanders Reports Raising $6.8 Million
Vermont U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders has raised nearly $ 7 million in his bid for a second six-year term.
That's expected to dwarf the fundraising efforts of Republican challenger John MacGovern, who had raised less than $30,000 as of early August. Updated numbers for him were not immediately available.
Monday was a deadline for campaign finance reports for both federal and state elections in Vermont.
Among statewide candidates, Democratic state Treasurer Beth Pearce reported raising more than $53,000 during the past month, and a total of more than $186,000 so far in the campaign.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.