Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Mon October 15, 2012
Vermont's Sanders Reports Raising $6.8 Million
Vermont U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders has raised nearly $ 7 million in his bid for a second six-year term.
That's expected to dwarf the fundraising efforts of Republican challenger John MacGovern, who had raised less than $30,000 as of early August. Updated numbers for him were not immediately available.
Monday was a deadline for campaign finance reports for both federal and state elections in Vermont.
Among statewide candidates, Democratic state Treasurer Beth Pearce reported raising more than $53,000 during the past month, and a total of more than $186,000 so far in the campaign.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.