Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
North Country News
Mon April 1, 2013
Vermont's Welch Talks About Renewable Energy Financing
Congressman Peter Welch has announced legislation that he says will make it easier to pay for renewable energy projects in Vermont and around the country.
Congressman Welch says the proposal would expand to renewable energy projects a financing tool used by the energy sector called master limited partnerships.
Currently, those projects are not eligible for that business structure, which is taxed as a partnership but is traded like a corporate stock.
Welch said Monday that expanding MLP financing to renewable energy projects would be a boost to the industry and for a cleaner energy future.
He talked about the proposal Monday at a discussion with Vermont renewable energy companies at AllEarth Renewables in Williston.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.