Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
North Country News
Mon April 1, 2013
Vermont's Welch Talks About Renewable Energy Financing
Congressman Peter Welch has announced legislation that he says will make it easier to pay for renewable energy projects in Vermont and around the country.
Congressman Welch says the proposal would expand to renewable energy projects a financing tool used by the energy sector called master limited partnerships.
Currently, those projects are not eligible for that business structure, which is taxed as a partnership but is traded like a corporate stock.
Welch said Monday that expanding MLP financing to renewable energy projects would be a boost to the industry and for a cleaner energy future.
He talked about the proposal Monday at a discussion with Vermont renewable energy companies at AllEarth Renewables in Williston.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.