Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Capital Region News
Sat March 30, 2013
Veterinarian Christine Armao - Bringing Cornell's Southside Well-Pet Clinic to Albany and beyond
Right now, at the North Albany branch of the Capital District YMCA on North Pearl Street in Albany, students of the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine, under the supervision of veterinarians, are offering subsidized veterinary care for dogs and cats, including physical exams and vaccinations, as part of the college’s Southside Well-Pet Clinic.
WAMC’s Patrick Donges spoke this week with Dr. Christine Armao, a veterinarian with the Ithaca-based Cornerstone Veterinary Hospital and regular volunteer at the clinic, about how the program benefits pets, students, and the communities the clinic travels to.
Today's clinic in Albany is scheduled to run from 11 a.m.-4 p.m. You can get more info on today's clinic by visiting the Southside Well-Pet Clinic's website.