Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon September 27, 2004
Victims' Parents Push for New Law
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – A bill that would guarantee life in prison without parole for people who molest and murder children recently passed the New York State Legislature. Parents who know first hand the pain of having a child murdered worked to get the bill to the Governor's desk. WAMC's Senior Correspondent Brian Shields reports.