Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
New England News
Mon March 25, 2013
Vigil Planned On Eve Of Supreme Court Gay Marriage Cases
Supporters of gay rights are holding a candle light vigil Monday night in front of the Federal Courthouse in Springfield Massachusetts.
The demonstration is on the eve of the oral arguments before the US Supreme Court in two cases that challenge the validity of laws restricting gay marriage. Leora Harpaz, a professor of constitutional law at Western New England University School of Law, says its one of the biggest cases the court is taking up this year.
A decision is not expected before June.