Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New England News
Mon March 25, 2013
Vigil Planned On Eve Of Supreme Court Gay Marriage Cases
Supporters of gay rights are holding a candle light vigil Monday night in front of the Federal Courthouse in Springfield Massachusetts.
The demonstration is on the eve of the oral arguments before the US Supreme Court in two cases that challenge the validity of laws restricting gay marriage. Leora Harpaz, a professor of constitutional law at Western New England University School of Law, says its one of the biggest cases the court is taking up this year.
A decision is not expected before June.