Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New England News
Tue March 26, 2013
Vote on Newtown bill possible next week
Senate President Donald E. Williams Jr. is optimistic the Connecticut General Assembly will be ready to vote next week on a bill addressing the deadly Newtown school shooting.
The Democrat had hoped for a vote Wednesday, but said Monday that legislative leaders now plan to wait for the expected release of more information in the Dec. 14 massacre.
Williams said Prosecutor Stephen Sedensky III told legislative leaders Friday that search warrants in the case and the completed return of the search warrants, which typically includes a documented inventory of property seized, will be released late Wednesday or early Thursday.
Williams said the leaders met with Sedensky for about an hour but did not learn any new information about the case. They were only allowed to ask questions of the prosecutor.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved.