Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Hinsdale Residents Call For Select Chair's Resignation
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
New England News
Tue April 30, 2013
Voting Underway In Massachusetts Senate Primary
Turnout is said to be light in Massachusetts as voters take the first step toward electing the Senate successor to Secretary of State John Kerry.
There is typically low voter interest when it comes to special primary elections, says Tim Vercellotti, political science professor at Western New England University. Plus this election campaign was disrupted by the Boston Marathon bombings.
Two Democrats, Edward Markey and Stephen Lynch and three Republicans, Gabrial Gomez, Michael Sullivan and Dan Winslow, are the candidates. The special election final is on June 25th