Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
Tue April 17, 2012
Vox Pop : Adirondack Park Issues : 4/17/12
With over 6 million acres, New York’s Adirondack Park is the largest park, state level protected area, and national historic landmark in the contiguous United States.
Those who live and love the Adirondacks face many issues, including how best to preserve the environmental integrity of the park while also accomadating those who live there.
Joining us today to discuss these issues are John Sheehan, communications director with the Adirondack Council, and Fred Monroe, executive director of the Adirondack Park Local Government Review Board. WAMC’s Alan Chartock hosts.