Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Thu August 1, 2013
Vox Pop : Genealogy : 8/1/13
Genealogy is the focus of this edition of Vox Pop, with WAMC's Ray Graf and guest Jean Nudd
Jean Nudd is an archivist with the National Archives and Records Administration in Waltham, Massachusetts, where she does reference work, helping people find information, as well as processing records so that people can use them. Jean earned her Bachelors degree in history from Plymouth State College in Plymouth, New Hampshire and her Masters from Arizona State University in local history.
Her frequent lectures on using Federal records and doing genealogy include appearances at the Federation of Genealogical Societies in Boston, New England Regional Genealogical Conferences, the Ohio Genealogical Society’s annual conference, among many others.
Since returning to New England in 1994, Jean has become an avid genealogist. She has traced her Nudd, Hill and Wells roots back to the 1600s in New England and New York. She’s a member of the New England Historic Genealogical Society, Ohio and Iowa genealogical societies, the New Hampshire Historical Society, and numerous local historical and genealogical societies.