Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Thu August 1, 2013
Vox Pop : Genealogy : 8/1/13
Genealogy is the focus of this edition of Vox Pop, with WAMC's Ray Graf and guest Jean Nudd
Jean Nudd is an archivist with the National Archives and Records Administration in Waltham, Massachusetts, where she does reference work, helping people find information, as well as processing records so that people can use them. Jean earned her Bachelors degree in history from Plymouth State College in Plymouth, New Hampshire and her Masters from Arizona State University in local history.
Her frequent lectures on using Federal records and doing genealogy include appearances at the Federation of Genealogical Societies in Boston, New England Regional Genealogical Conferences, the Ohio Genealogical Society’s annual conference, among many others.
Since returning to New England in 1994, Jean has become an avid genealogist. She has traced her Nudd, Hill and Wells roots back to the 1600s in New England and New York. She’s a member of the New England Historic Genealogical Society, Ohio and Iowa genealogical societies, the New Hampshire Historical Society, and numerous local historical and genealogical societies.