Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Tue July 23, 2013
Vox Pop : How Smart Are Animals? - 7/23/13
According to a recently released study, dolphins call each other by name. Scottish scientists showed that Dolphins use unique whistles to identify individuals. From Science Daily.com comes recent news that scientists at the University of Vienna have shown that an the Goffin Cockatoo has the ability to solve complex mechanical problems. There was a study released last fall that showed Beluga whales can achieve human-like speech patterns.
Just how smart are animals, anyway? On this edition of Vox Pop, Alan Chartock invites listeners to weigh in on that question, and share their own stories of animal aptitude.