Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Vox Pop - Open Forum
Tue March 27, 2012
Vox Pop : Open Forum – State Employee Random Drug Testing : 3/27/12
Last week, Florida Governor Rick Scott signed a law that allows state employees to be randomly tested for illegal drugs. The policy, which will almost certainly be challenged in the courts, raises some interesting questions about the appropriate level of professional oversight of those whose paychecks are derived from a state or municipal tax base.
Would you be comfortable if state workers in our neck of the woods were subjected to random drug tests? What about state legislators, should they be held to that same standard considering their responsibilities and compensation? It's an open forum on this edition of Vox Pop. WAMC's Ray Graf hosts.