Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Vox Pop - Open Forum
Tue March 27, 2012
Vox Pop : Open Forum – State Employee Random Drug Testing : 3/27/12
Last week, Florida Governor Rick Scott signed a law that allows state employees to be randomly tested for illegal drugs. The policy, which will almost certainly be challenged in the courts, raises some interesting questions about the appropriate level of professional oversight of those whose paychecks are derived from a state or municipal tax base.
Would you be comfortable if state workers in our neck of the woods were subjected to random drug tests? What about state legislators, should they be held to that same standard considering their responsibilities and compensation? It's an open forum on this edition of Vox Pop. WAMC's Ray Graf hosts.