Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Tue January 7, 2014
Vox Pop : Open Forum on 1/7/14 : Surveillance and J. Edgar Hoover
As the world continues to react to the intelligence leaks sparked by the likes of Edward Snowden and Julian Assange, an unsolved leak carried out 40 years ago is making news. A new book is finally revealing the identity of burglars who broke into an FBI office in the spring of 1971 and stole files detailing the Bureau’s surveillance of American citizens under J. Edgar Hoover.
Today we want your take—will this revelation have implications on the debate over the merits of surveillance? Have we learned from the past at all?
You can comment on this page, on our Facebook page, tweet us @WAMCVoxPop, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 1-800-348-2551.
Listener Comment Line