Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Tue January 8, 2013
Vox Pop : Open Forum - 'Americans for Responsible Solutions' and Gun Control - 1/8/13
On the second anniversary of the Arizona mass shooting that almost took her life and almost a month after the shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut that claimed the lives of 20 children, former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords announced today the formation of a political action committee aimed at countering the influence of the gun lobby in Washington.
According to the group’s website, its goal is to, “Encourage elected officials to stand up for solutions to prevent gun violence and protect responsible gun ownership by communicating directly with the constituents that elect them.”
Today we want you to communicate with us your solutions to preventing gun violence, and we want your thoughts on the influence of the gun lobby on U.S. policy. WAMC's Ray Graf hosts.