Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
Tue January 8, 2013
Vox Pop : Open Forum - 'Americans for Responsible Solutions' and Gun Control - 1/8/13
On the second anniversary of the Arizona mass shooting that almost took her life and almost a month after the shooting at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut that claimed the lives of 20 children, former Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords announced today the formation of a political action committee aimed at countering the influence of the gun lobby in Washington.
According to the group’s website, its goal is to, “Encourage elected officials to stand up for solutions to prevent gun violence and protect responsible gun ownership by communicating directly with the constituents that elect them.”
Today we want you to communicate with us your solutions to preventing gun violence, and we want your thoughts on the influence of the gun lobby on U.S. policy. WAMC's Ray Graf hosts.