Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Tue September 11, 2012
Vox Pop : Open Forum – Are Politicians Inherently Bad? : 9/11/12
From the first days of Watergate, to pay-to-play in the Massachusetts state legislature, to the most recent allegations of sexual harassment and a subsequent secret settlement in New York, politicians just cannot seem to stay out of trouble.
On today’s edition of Vox Pop, we will try to answer the question of whether those electeds who end up in hot water would’ve found themselves in a similar situation had they not held public office.
Is there something about being elected to office that pre-disposes one to act in an unethical or otherwise criminal manner? WAMC’s Alan Chartock hosts.