Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
Tue September 11, 2012
Vox Pop : Open Forum – Are Politicians Inherently Bad? : 9/11/12
From the first days of Watergate, to pay-to-play in the Massachusetts state legislature, to the most recent allegations of sexual harassment and a subsequent secret settlement in New York, politicians just cannot seem to stay out of trouble.
On today’s edition of Vox Pop, we will try to answer the question of whether those electeds who end up in hot water would’ve found themselves in a similar situation had they not held public office.
Is there something about being elected to office that pre-disposes one to act in an unethical or otherwise criminal manner? WAMC’s Alan Chartock hosts.