Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Tue September 11, 2012
Vox Pop : Open Forum – Are Politicians Inherently Bad? : 9/11/12
From the first days of Watergate, to pay-to-play in the Massachusetts state legislature, to the most recent allegations of sexual harassment and a subsequent secret settlement in New York, politicians just cannot seem to stay out of trouble.
On today’s edition of Vox Pop, we will try to answer the question of whether those electeds who end up in hot water would’ve found themselves in a similar situation had they not held public office.
Is there something about being elected to office that pre-disposes one to act in an unethical or otherwise criminal manner? WAMC’s Alan Chartock hosts.