Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
Tue November 13, 2012
Vox Pop : Open Forum – The Cyber Secession Movement : 11/13/12
Following the reelection of President Barack Obama last week, the residents of 32 states, at last count, have filed petitions online asking that they be allowed to secede from the United States and form their own sovereign governments.
Statements filed for Texas and Louisiana have the most virtual signatures in support of their petitions, enough so that, according to the “We the People” web page, White House staff will review them and forward them to the proper policy experts.
Today we want to know if you take this type of rhetoric seriously. Could this type of, thus far, harmless posturing add to the discussion of how to make this nation greater? Do people making light of a sentiment that when last seriously broached resulted in the deaths of over 600,000 Americans cause you alarm? WAMC’s Ray Graf hosts.