Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
Wed January 2, 2013
Vox Pop : Open Forum - Does the Fiscal Cliff Deal Matter? - 1/2/13
Congress avoided the automatic tax increases and budget cuts of the dreaded fiscal cliff at the last minute this week with a deal that raises tax rates on individuals with incomes over $400,000 and couples making $450,000.
While the deal avoided the $109 billion worth of across-the-board spending cuts to the Pentagon and domestic agencies, it did not address issues of federal spending, simply delaying those cuts for another two months.
Today we want to know if you think avoiding the fiscal cliff will make a difference for the state of the nation. Would having gone over the cliff made congress more likely to provide definitive answers addressing both the federal budget and tax reform?