Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Tue December 18, 2012
Vox Pop : Open Forum - The Fiscal Cliff and Seniors : 12/18/12
Today we’re talking about what the so-called fiscal cliff means for Medicare and Social Security. Joining us for this discussion are two experts on these topics.
Cheryl Matheis is a senior policy strategist and executive with AARP. As senior vice president for policy, she heads the effort to enlist opinion leaders in an informed dialogue to engage the American public in the future of Social Security and Medicare.
Neal Lane is the former director of the New York State Office for the Aging. He is widely recognized as an innovator for aging services.
Lane serves as a board member for the American Society of Aging and its governance committee, the NYS Developmental Disabilities Planning Council, and the Transfer of Wealth Advisory Committee of the Community Foundation for the Capital Region. He is also the recipient of AARP New York’s 2011 Andrus Award. WAMC’s Bob Barrett hosts.