Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Thu January 3, 2013
Vox Pop : Open Forum - Fracking - 1/3/13
As reported this morning by WAMC’s Capital Correspondent Karen DeWitt, an 8 page document drafted last year by New York State regulators which states that the potential health impacts of fracking for natural gas could be reduced or prevented with the right regulation from the state.
The state Department of Environmental Conservation today says the document is out-dated and doesn’t reflect the conclusions of the forthcoming final Supplemental Generic Environmental Impact Statement on fracking.
Today we want your take on this latest fracking development. Does the release of this document change your opinion of the controversial process in any way?
WAMC's Alan Chartock hosts. In the second half of today’s program Alan is joined by ecologist, author, and activist Dr. Sandra Steingraber