Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
Tue May 28, 2013
Vox Pop : Open Forum - Political Sex Scandals, Do They Matter? : 5/28/13
A Marist Institute poll released this morning shows former New York Congressman Anthony Weiner is gaining support in his run for mayor of New York City, with 19 percent of voters saying they would nominate him on the democratic ticket, second only to current City Council Speaker Christine Quinn with 24 percent.
Today we’re talking about sex, lies, and, in Weiner’s case anyway, tweets. When a politician attempts a political comeback following a sex scandal, do you care about what their past offenses say about their personal character, or would you give them a second chance and look at policy positions over previous perversions.
New York News