Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Tue May 28, 2013
Vox Pop : Open Forum - Political Sex Scandals, Do They Matter? : 5/28/13
A Marist Institute poll released this morning shows former New York Congressman Anthony Weiner is gaining support in his run for mayor of New York City, with 19 percent of voters saying they would nominate him on the democratic ticket, second only to current City Council Speaker Christine Quinn with 24 percent.
Today we’re talking about sex, lies, and, in Weiner’s case anyway, tweets. When a politician attempts a political comeback following a sex scandal, do you care about what their past offenses say about their personal character, or would you give them a second chance and look at policy positions over previous perversions.
New York News