Most Active Stories
- Sports Report: Michael Phelps Comes Out Of Retirement
- State Police Called After Hinsdale Select Board Denies Ex-Police Chief's Bid For Part-Time Position
- Concerns Raised Over Proposed Natural Gas Pipeline
- Albany Store Sold Bedbug-Infested Matresses
- Dr. Jeffrey Froh, Hofstra University - The Benefits of Gratitude
Tue August 7, 2012
Vox Pop : Sport and Illegal Substances : 8/7/12
This week local judo fighter Nick Delpopolo became the first Olympic athlete to be disqualified from competing after an in-competition drug test. It wasn’t steroids or human growth hormone that got him kicked off the American squad, it was a positive test for marijuana, which was added to the International Olympic Committee’s banned substances list following a positive test in 1998.
Today we want your take on banned substances and drugs in sport. Do you think it’s fair that this competitor, number one in his weight class in the U.S., has been disqualified for what he has described as the inadvertent ingestion of cannabis laced cake? WAMC’s Patrick Donges hosts.