Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- How Technology Is Transforming Archaeology
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Tue August 7, 2012
Vox Pop : Sport and Illegal Substances : 8/7/12
This week local judo fighter Nick Delpopolo became the first Olympic athlete to be disqualified from competing after an in-competition drug test. It wasn’t steroids or human growth hormone that got him kicked off the American squad, it was a positive test for marijuana, which was added to the International Olympic Committee’s banned substances list following a positive test in 1998.
Today we want your take on banned substances and drugs in sport. Do you think it’s fair that this competitor, number one in his weight class in the U.S., has been disqualified for what he has described as the inadvertent ingestion of cannabis laced cake? WAMC’s Patrick Donges hosts.