Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Tue April 2, 2013
Vox Pop : Sports with Keith Strudler : 4/2/13
Major League Baseball kicked off the 2013 season this week with near perfect pitching, big hits, and big wins.
The LA Dodger’s Clayton Kershaw pitched a complete shut out in his first outing of the season, not to mention his walk off home run to win the game. The powerhouse New York Yankees, depicted on the cover of the New Yorker as geriatric patients, lost to the rival Boston Red Sox. But, the New York Mets won their opening salvo with a commanding 11 to 2 runs scored over the San Diego Padres.
Also this week the country is gearing up for NCAA championship men’s basketball, with the final four teams in the tourney scheduled to play Saturday, and the championship game set for Monday.
Joining us today is director of the Marist College Center for Sports Communication and WAMC sports commentator Keith Strudler, and WAMC “skipper” Alan Chartock. WAMC's Ray Graf hosts.