Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
North Country News
Thu November 21, 2013
VT Agency Makes Recycling Recommendations
Vermont's Agency of Natural Resources is offering some guidance on the implementation of the state's new recycling law.
The law, passed last year, requires statewide recycling by July 2015 and diverting food scraps from landfills by July 2020.
The agency presented a report to the Legislature on Thursday in which it recommends requiring all municipalities to join a solid waste management district; leveling the playing field for all commercial haulers collecting municipal solid waste; establishing a grants/loans program to support private/public sector capital investments; and implementing a "pay-as-you-throw" system.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.