Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
North Country News
Thu May 24, 2012
VT Building Evacuated Because of Chemical
A government building that houses the Vermont governor's office had to be evacuated after some state workers starting feeling sick. WAMC’s Tristan O’Neill reports…
The employees at the Pavilion Building in Montpelier reported having headaches and watery eyes on Wednesday.
The source appears to have been a waterproof sealant that was being applied to the outside bricks and wafting into the building.
The employees were sent home and the building was being ventilated.
Administration Secretary Jeb Spaulding told WCAX-TV that he expects all workers will be able to return this morning.
Tristan O’Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.