Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
North Country News
Thu May 24, 2012
VT Building Evacuated Because of Chemical
A government building that houses the Vermont governor's office had to be evacuated after some state workers starting feeling sick. WAMC’s Tristan O’Neill reports…
The employees at the Pavilion Building in Montpelier reported having headaches and watery eyes on Wednesday.
The source appears to have been a waterproof sealant that was being applied to the outside bricks and wafting into the building.
The employees were sent home and the building was being ventilated.
Administration Secretary Jeb Spaulding told WCAX-TV that he expects all workers will be able to return this morning.
Tristan O’Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.