Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
North Country News
Thu May 24, 2012
VT Building Evacuated Because of Chemical
A government building that houses the Vermont governor's office had to be evacuated after some state workers starting feeling sick. WAMC’s Tristan O’Neill reports…
The employees at the Pavilion Building in Montpelier reported having headaches and watery eyes on Wednesday.
The source appears to have been a waterproof sealant that was being applied to the outside bricks and wafting into the building.
The employees were sent home and the building was being ventilated.
Administration Secretary Jeb Spaulding told WCAX-TV that he expects all workers will be able to return this morning.
Tristan O’Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.