Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Northeast Energy Direct Pipeline Route Moves North
North Country News
Thu March 6, 2014
VT Bus Agency Preparing Riders For Driver Strike
The unionized bus drivers who drive routes in parts of northern Vermont could go on strike on Monday.
If the drivers for the Chittenden County Transportation Agency strike, there will be no public transportation in the Burlington area.
The union and the CCTA have been at odds over working hours, the hiring of part-time drivers and working conditions.
The company says a strike would affect local and commuter routes in Chittenden County and Link Express routes. The exceptions would be the Montpelier LINK Express trips and 116 commuter trips operated by non-union drivers.
More negotiations are planned for Saturday.
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.