Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
North Country News
Mon April 29, 2013
VT Cops Say Letter to U.S. Rep. Peculiar, but No Threat
Burlington police say a letter addressed to Vermont's lone congressman was "peculiar," but not dangerous and workers are back on the job.
The discovery of the letter at mid-day Monday prompted workers to leave Welch's office while police called in a hazardous materials team to investigate.
Burlington Deputy Police Chief Andi Higbee says parts of the return address on the envelope raised concerns, but he wouldn't elaborate.
He says it's unlikely the letter will result in any criminal charges.
Welch, a Democrat, left Sunday on a congressional oversight trip to Afghanistan, Pakistan, and Turkey.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.