Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
North Country News
Sat September 14, 2013
VT Correctional Officer Facing Inmate Abuse Charge
A Vermont correctional officer is facing federal charges he had sexual contact with two female inmates at the state-run prison in South Burlington.
Federal court records say Tracy Holliman was indicted Thursday by a grand jury.
The four-count indictment was unsealed on Friday.
The indictment says that between April and June, Holliman had sexual contact with two inmates who were being held at the state prison on federal charges.
The Burlington Free Press reports the 49-year-old Holliman was due in federal court on Friday.
Holliman's attorney, Mark Kaplan, did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.