Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
North Country News
Sat September 14, 2013
VT Correctional Officer Facing Inmate Abuse Charge
A Vermont correctional officer is facing federal charges he had sexual contact with two female inmates at the state-run prison in South Burlington.
Federal court records say Tracy Holliman was indicted Thursday by a grand jury.
The four-count indictment was unsealed on Friday.
The indictment says that between April and June, Holliman had sexual contact with two inmates who were being held at the state prison on federal charges.
The Burlington Free Press reports the 49-year-old Holliman was due in federal court on Friday.
Holliman's attorney, Mark Kaplan, did not immediately return a call seeking comment.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.