Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
North Country News
Wed May 9, 2012
VT Farmers to Get Funds for Pollution Control
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is making $1 million available this summer to some Vermont farmers as part of a program aimed at reducing pollution in streams.
The farmers are in the Missisquoi River watershed. A recent study has identified farm fields in the area as being at the highest risk of polluting nearby streams.
The federal government says it will pay some farmers 100 percent of the cost of making changes to the way they manage their fields.
One round of grant applications is due May 18; a second round is due June 15.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.