Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New England News
Wed September 4, 2013
Vt. Gas Customers To See Rate Cut
Customers of Vermont's lone natural gas company have some good news coming just as the heating system kicks into full gear — a rate cut.
Vermont Gas announced plans on Tuesday for an overall rate reduction of nearly 6 percent to take effect on Nov. 1.
The company serves northwestern Vermont — the rest of the state does not have natural gas.
Vermont Gas says it and its customers are benefiting from price cuts offered by its suppliers. Natural gas prices have been dropping around the country due to a boom in shale gas extraction.
The company says its Vermont prices will save customers more than 50 percent over the cost of heating oil or propane.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.