Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
North Country News
Thu May 3, 2012
VT Governor Does Not Sign Youth Tanning Ban
Vermont's governor has allowed a ban on the use of tanning beds by young people to become law without his signature. WAMC’s North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley reports…
Governor Peter Shumlin said Wednesday that he did not approve of the legislation because of concerns about how it would be enforced.
Owners of establishments with tanning beds caught allowing people younger than 18 to use them would face fines.
Shumlin said a more effective approach would be to educate consumers about the risk of skin cancer and have parents play the ultimate role in reducing teen tanning.
I’m Pat Bradley, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.