Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
North Country News
Thu May 3, 2012
VT Governor Does Not Sign Youth Tanning Ban
Vermont's governor has allowed a ban on the use of tanning beds by young people to become law without his signature. WAMC’s North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley reports…
Governor Peter Shumlin said Wednesday that he did not approve of the legislation because of concerns about how it would be enforced.
Owners of establishments with tanning beds caught allowing people younger than 18 to use them would face fines.
Shumlin said a more effective approach would be to educate consumers about the risk of skin cancer and have parents play the ultimate role in reducing teen tanning.
I’m Pat Bradley, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.