Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
North Country News
Tue September 10, 2013
VT Governor Proclaims September Preparedness Month
The Vermont Department of Emergency Management and Homeland Security is urging people to be prepared for unexpected emergencies.
September is National Preparedness Month and Governor Peter Shumlin has urged Vermonters to prepare themselves for potential disasters.
A proclamation signed by the governor notes that events such as Tropical Storm Irene and other destructive storms in the last two years showed the importance of preparing for any potential disaster.
Among the suggestions are that Vermonters can take a few simple steps such as preparing a kit, making a plan, and being informed can help ease the effects of a disaster.
People can also buy extra cans of food, a reliable flashlight, extra batteries, and other essentials.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.