Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Thu January 19, 2012
VT Lawmakers, Activists Call for Amendment to Overturn Supreme Court's Citizens United Decision
Montpelier, VT – Some Vermont lawmakers and activists are calling for an amendment to the U.S. Constitution to overturn the U.S. Supreme Court's Citizens United Decision. More from WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley...
On Wednesday, Senators Virginia Lyons and John Campbell were at the statehouse with activists to introduce a resolution calling for a constitutional amendment overturning the idea that corporations are people. Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility public policy manager Dan Barlow says the Supreme Court ruling is bad for small business...
"This ruling - it really drowns out the voices of smaller business leaders in our elections," says Barlow.
An outdoor rally is planned Friday afternoon on the steps of the statehouse as part of a national week of action targeting overturning Citizens United.
I'm Pat Bradley, WAMC News.