Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New England News
Tue May 7, 2013
Vt. Lawmakers To Grapple With Death, Licenses
Vermont lawmakers have a heavy agenda set for today.
On the Senate's calendar is a bill that would allow Vermont doctors to prescribe lethal medications to terminally ill patients who request it. Two sharply different bills have passed the House and the Senate previously. Up for debate in the Senate is whether to concur with the House version.
The House, meanwhile, is to take up final approval of a bill that would grant a new sort of Vermont driver's license called a driver's privilege card to guest workers who can't prove they're in the country legally.
The House gave that measure preliminary approval on Monday. It's already passed the Senate.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.