Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Mon May 9, 2005
VT May Be First in Nation With Universal Health Care
By Eesha Williams
Bennington, VT – New York and Massachusetts would likely be affected if a bill supported by the Democrat-controlled Vermont legislature becomes law. The bill would make Vermont the first state in the nation to provide health insurance to all its residents. Now, Vermont's Republican governor, Jim Douglas, is weighing in with his own plan. WAMC's Eesha Williams reports.