Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
North Country News
Tue March 27, 2012
VT Police Believe Body Is That of Beloved Teacher
The discovery of a woman's body believed to be that of a beloved teacher at a prestigious Vermont boarding school sent shudders of grief and anxiety through a small New England town a day after her SUV was found running with her unharmed 2-year-old boy inside. WAMC's Tristan O'Neill reports...
Melissa Jenkins, a 33-year-old single mother, taught science at St. Johnsbury Academy, whose alumni include former President Calvin Coolidge.
Vermont police say the body was found yesterday in Barnet, a town not far from St. Johnsbury. A friend who was looking for Jenkins called police Sunday and Jenkins' vehicle was discovered that evening. An autopsy is planned today.
B.J. Robertson, the father of the boy, would not comment on Jenkins' disappearance.
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.