Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Thu November 14, 2013
Vt. Says 3,401 Picked Health Insurance Via Website
The state of Vermont says 3,401 people have chosen a new health insurance plan through the Vermont Health Connect website.
The figure released Wednesday is up 263 people from Tuesday and it's well above the 1,325 figure released for Vermont by the federal government. The federal government figures represented signups through Nov. 2, the first month the federal health insurance marketplace has been in operation.
As of Wednesday, Vermont Health Connect said that 14,144 people have created accounts on its website and the site has had more than 133,000 unique visitors.
Because of problems with the website, the state has agreed to allow people with existing health insurance policies to extend them through March 31.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.